Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The End of the Beginning

I grew up in the late 80s and early 90s. There are Fraggle Rock animators and writers rolling in their suburban retirement homes at the work ethic I developed despite their very best efforts. This blog is another example of how that very dedication to seeing my harebrained crazy soft-boiled dreams turned into printed internet and dead-tree page realities can be twisted towards doing something with little measurable value for my career.
And so what started as an interest in getting delicious fresh produce at a premium resulted in the creation of this only somewhat aptly named set of banged keys, which is soon to have reviews of Manhattan farmers' markets and some other general ideas on NYC horticulture, food, and other exciting elements of urban greenery.
Therefore, come back in the future for that sort of content. Tomorrow, I believe, I will be visiting the Union Square Greenmarket, and may have a thing or two to say about it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

_I_ know what you're talking about because you told me, but this introduction does its absolute best to throw me off. Really, now, what are you doing here? So everyone else can understand? (:

Kate said...

Hush up, Ken, don't ruin the man's lush linguistic jungle. (Besides, won't the aim become clear with, I dunno, maybe the next post?)